Unfortunately, we regularly find ourselves (along with other major employers) the target of scammers.
These fraudsters are operating globally and seeking to defraud you by making bogus offers of employment while presenting themselves as legitimate Wood employees.
Their typical approach is to tempt you with job offers, generally by email, involving international relocation and requesting payment in order to process visa or work permit applications. These individuals are criminals and are not representatives of Wood. With these scams online becoming increasingly prevalent we would ask you to familiarise yourself with the following criteria to identify potential risks.
Look out for the following:
- A legitimate offer will only ever come from a woodplc.com email address. From time to time, you may also receive a communication from our iCIMS system used by the recruitment team, ending icims.com.
- The offer document seems unprofessional, i.e. low quality or distorted logo, poor English grammar, signed by a senior leader of Wood, etc.
- The offer requests payment of any kind. Wood will never ask you for payment as part of any application for work.
- The offer includes a mobile phone number instead of the main Wood office number or a legitimate location.
- Do not respond to unsolicited offers of employment from people you are unfamiliar with, you will never receive an offer if you have not had a conversation with one of our recruitment team.
If you have received a job offer via email that you believe to be fraudulent and would like to verify, please submit the email including the subject line with no alterations, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We treat abuse seriously and any reports of such fraudulent activity are dealt with by our security team.
Please note: we cannot take any responsibility for the loss of any money or personal details.
If you are interested in working for Wood, your application must be submitted via our official website. Here, you can search and apply for any vacancies or upload your CV/resume for any upcoming openings.